SMRT (Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique) is a positional release modality that interrupts pain signals in the body, painlessly resolves trigger points, has an incredibly calming effect on the nervous system, and is highly stimulating to the lymphatic system. By working with all tissues in any given area, SMRT easily and quickly allows the tissues to balance and the joints to realign effortlessly, re-establishing correct posture.
Benefits of SMRT include:
- natural realignment of joints by directly releasing specific ligaments and joint structures
- pain free resolution of trigger points
- swift and painless removal of adhesions
- disruption of the positive feedback loops of pain in the nervous system
- considerable stimulation of the lymphatic system
All of this is done quickly, with almost no pain to the client, and in a way that is tremendously easy on your body. Because we have disrupted the pain loops, settled the parasympathetic nervous system, created almost no additional pain, and brought the area back to homeostasis, the results of an SMRT treatment last.